Location: Shoddy Mill Road Contact: 860-742-4049
Hours: Wednesdays and Saturdays 8:00 A.M. to 3:50 P.M.
As of July 1, 2018 all residents must have a vehicle sticker to use Andover’s Transfer Station.
- Available in Town Clerk’s Office – STICKER FEE APPLIES
- Vehicle must be present to apply sticker
- Residential stickers are good for fiscal calendar year July 1 to June 30
- Seasonal stickers are good from April 1st until October 31st
- **Any questions please call the Town Clerk’s office at 860-742-0188, ext. 2
RESIDENTIAL WASTE ONLY – NO CONSTRUCTION DEBRIS
Items that can be brought to the Transfer Station
- Household waste
- Bulky waste (furniture, large toys, etc.)
- Recyclables-SINGLE STREAM (plastics 2-9), glass, paper and cardboard – can be mixed) 2017_Recycle_CT_Brochure_
- Scrap metal
- Lawn clippings and branches
- Spent oil
- Tires (Place in the open shed next to the bottle recycling)
- Refrigerators and Air Conditioners
- Carpet (must be cut in 5′ squares or smaller)
- Electronics, Computers (these are all recycled)
- Only brush up to three inches in diameter will be accepted at the transfer station brush pile.
- Household goods for Salvation Army
Deposit bottles can be donated to benefit various children’s groups
- Books for women’s shelter
Electronics Program Newtech Recycling Inc
The transfer station accepts many kinds of electronics and computers at no cost. There is a trailer on the right side as you enter the transfer station. Acceptable items include:
Computers, Monitors, Printers, Televisions, VCRs, DVD Players, Copiers, FAX Machines, Scanners, Video Game Machines, IPods/PDA, Modems, Keyboards, Computer Mice, Stereo Equipment, Telephones, Cellphones, Cameras, Tablets and e-books, Microwaves and other small appliances…
- Mid-Neroc – List of acceptable consumer electronic equipment_2019__2_
- Mid-Neroc – List of acceptable white goods equipment _2019__3_
- Hazardous Materials are NOT ACCEPTED (lighter fluid, liquids, paints, etc.)
Town of Willington has a hazardous waste drop-off facility that is accessible to Andover town residents. Details can be found on their website or by calling 860-684-3163.