Town Clerk

Version 2

Carol Lee, Town Clerk

The Town Clerk’s office is  the central information point at the Andover Town Hall.

Contact the Town Clerk’s Office at 860-742-0188, extension 2


Request for Copy of Birth Certificate

Request for Copy of Original Birth Certificate for Adopted Person

Marriage License Worksheet

Request for Copy of Marriage Certificate

Request for Copy of Death Certificate

Application for Name Change

Questions and Services:

Do I need a Hunting, Fishing and Trapping License?
Yes, these licenses are available in the Town Clerks Office. A hunting license not over five (5) years old or a CT Firearms Safety Certificate must be shown to obtain a hunting license. The following licenses are available:

  • Firearms Hunting
  • Jr. Firearms Hunting
  • Hunting & Fishing
  • Fishing (over 16)
  • Trapping
  • Jr. Trapping
  • Pheasant Tags
  • Migratory Bird Stamp
  • HIP Permit
  • Free licenses for the handicapped are issued each year.
  • Seniors age 65+ are issued a free license each year.
  • Trout and Salmon (Seniors 65+ fee remains applicable)
  • Recording of Notary Public Certificate: $20.00

How Do I Get a Marriage License?
Marriage Licenses are issued in the Town Clerks office for marriage ceremonies taking place in Andover.  There is no waiting period. The fee is $50.00.

How Do I Get a Name Change Certificate?
Name Change certificates are available in the Town Clerks Office. If you own property in town and you change your name, a certificate should be recorded on the Land Records. The fee for recording is $60.00 for the first page and $5.00 for each additional page.

How Do I Find a Notary in Andover?
Town Clerk, Carol Lee and Asst. Town Clerk, Therese Gorry are both Notary Public’s and can provide these services at the Town Office. The fee for this service is $5.00 per seal.  Photo identification must be presented.

How Do I Get A Passport?
Passport information can be obtained by going online to

Other Services:

Fax Services
Fax service is available for $1.00 per page in the Town Clerk’s Office. Copy service is available for .25 cents per page.

Doing Business in Andover
Anyone conducting business in the Town of Andover must file a Trade Name Certificate with the Town Clerk and a personal property declaration with the Assessors Office. The Building Department must also be notified. Fee to record trade name certificate is $10.00.

Meeting Schedules
Monthly meeting schedules for local boards and commissions, and lists of members of boards and commissions are available in the Town Clerks Office. A bulletin board of weekly meeting agendas for local boards and commissions and the minutes of these meetings are open for public inspection during regular office hours.


Monthly Reports:

August 2018 Clerk’s Report

July 2018 Clerk’s Report

June 2018 Clerk’s Report

May 2018 Clerk’s Report

April 2018 Clerk’s Report

March 2018 Clerk’s Report

February 2018 Clerk’s Report

January 2018 Clerk’s Report

December 2017 Clerk’s Report

November 2017 Clerk’s Report

October 2017 Clerk’s Report

September 2017 Clerk’s Report

August 2017 Clerk’s Report