Social Services

The Town of Andover Social Services Department offers a variety of services for residents. We offer information and referral services to connect residents with regional, state and federal programs available to assist them, i.e. Medicare, Medicaid, Food Stamps, HUSKY for children, energy assistance, ConnPACE and SAGA (State Administered General Assistance.)

The Social Services Department assists seniors and the disabled to find the most appropriate and helpful health insurance alternatives and programs. Applications for many programs are available as well as help filling them out.

Families and individuals may also obtain help during crises with emergency food, help with fuel, utilities, medical and other emergency needs. Crisis intervention and referral to area resources is also a vital part of the program.

We also help with food and gift boxes and toys for children over the holidays and camp programs during the summer.

Residents in need may contact Roberta Dougherty for assistance at 860-742-7305 x 5 or  by email at   Fax Number is 860-742-7535.

Click here to view Elderly and or Disabled Tax Relief Programs




Andover residents should contact the Access Agency in Willimantic at 860-450-7400 or for winter heating energy assistance.

For further information on winter heating energy assistance:—Winter-Heating

Heating Assistance Resources:

ACCESS Agency for Tolland and Windham Counties
Operation Fuel
Eversource Winter Protection Plan:
Eversource New Start 
CT Dept. Social Services, Energy Assistance:



Where to Find Resources, Where to Donate Resources

Other helpful contacts:

Visiting Nurse: Hartford HealthCare at Home

Phone: 1-800-Homecare

Referral Fax: 866-925-6610

Hartford HealthCare


Andover Food Pantry


Andover Food Pantry PANTRY & FOODSHARE

In partnership with our town’s volunteer Andover Emergency Management CERT team.


Mobile Foodshare Truck @ 9:00 to 9:30 A.M.

Andover Elementary School parking lot

17 School Road

4/1, 4/15, 4/29

Food Pantry @ 9:00 A.M. to 10:00 A.M.

First Congregational Church parking lot

359 Route 6

4/8, 4/22

*The pantry is now following a ‘Grab-n-Go’ distribution system. Please follow directions from the CERT team.

-At arrival, each guest receives instructions from the CERT Team on where to park and when to get out of their car.
-When each guests is instructed, they may then approach the tables. ONE GUEST AT A TIME.
-Each pantry guest will be directed to grab 2 bags, one from EACH table and a block of cheese. Please note each guest is getting all the same items.
-NO guests will be entering the pantry.
We appreciate your understanding at this time. We have found this model to have the best social distancing. Hopefully soon we will go back to the old pantry format.


AHM Youth & Family Services 

Struggling to support a loved one? Feeling hopeless?

CT Recovery Oriented Support System for Youth (CROSS) SMART Recovery Support Groups:

Family & Friends Support Group will meet every Thursday from 5:30-7:00pm at AHM Youth & Family Services at 25 Pendleton Drive, Hebron, CT 06248.

AHM CROSS Smart Recovery Family & Friends Support Group

SMART Recovery Meeting for ages 18-24 will meet every Monday from 5:30-7:00PM at AHM Youth & Family Services at 25 Pendleton Drive, Hebron, CT 06248.

AHM CROSS Smart Recovery Support Group

For more information, call AHM at 860-228-9488.



Free Town of Andover Prescription Discount Card

This program has been developed by your Local Government Executives and the Connecticut Conference of Municipalities to help lower the prescription drug cost for Connecticut residents. There is no charge to you or the Municipality to belong to this program.

This card was designed to be used if you do not have insurance or if something is not covered by your current insurance program. This card cannot be used in conjunction with another insurance program in order to discount your co-pays or deductible.


Available to all Connecticut State residents regardless of age, income, or current health coverage.

FREE for Your City/Town and FREE for participants.

Every prescription medication, including some pet medications, are eligible for a discount.

Simply present your discount card at a local participating pharmacy when filling a new prescription and start saving.

For more information call 1-877-776-2285 or visit