Registrar of Voters

The Registrar of Voters ensures the electoral process will be conducted professionally, consistently, demonstrating neutrality and non-partisan decision-making. They do so based upon a thorough knowledge of and compliance with all election laws by administering them timely, responsively and with integrity on behalf of those we serve.

Contact the Registrar of Voters – 860-742-0188 Ext. 2

Julie Victoria – Democratic Registrar of Voters

Catherine Palazzi – Republican Registrar of Voters

Office of the Registrar of Voters (ROV)

The Office of the Registrars of Voters in the State of Connecticut is an elected position, governed by Connecticut General Statutes and financially supported by the municipality in which the Registrars serve. Registrars work closely with the Office of the Secretary of the State to develop methods and procedures to ensure the voting rights of citizens and administer all elections based on current election laws.

Voter Registration Requirements

Any citizen 18 years of age may register to vote and enroll in a party at the Registrars of Voters Office in Town Hall. All voters must be 18 years of age on election day in order to vote. Voters turning age 18 by election day may also vote in a primary for that election. In the State of Connecticut, electors registered as Unaffiliated cannot vote in a party primary election.

Voter ID RequirementsBefore voting, poll workers will ask for identification.

First time voters must show one of the following:

  • current drivers’ license
  • paycheck
  • credit card with your name and signature
  • ID with your name and photograph
  • any document with your name and address such as a checkbook or utility bill.

Recurring voters must present one of the following:

  • current driver’s license
  • social security card
  • any pre-printed form of identification showing your:
    • name and address, or
    • name and signature, or
    • name and photograph

For additional information, check the CT Secretary of State website:

Change in Voter Registration Information

If you change your name, address, or party enrollment, you must complete a new Voter Registration Application obtained from the Registrar of Voters office.

Where you live determines your polling place and your state legislative district. The identification you present on Election Day must agree with the address in your town’s voter registration system. Please update your registration information whenever there is a change is your voting information.

Absentee Ballots

Registered voters who are ill, physically disabled, serving in the military, out of town on election day, or whose religion forbids secular activity on election day, may apply to vote using an absentee ballot. Visit or call the Town Clerk’s Office at Andover Town Hall (860) 742.0188. Absentee ballot applications are also available in the Registrar of Voters office.

Permanent Absentee Ballots

Effective January 1, 2013, electors with permanent disabilities may be eligible for permanent absentee ballot status. Voters must file an absentee ballot application and provide a doctor’s certificate on the physician’s letterhead stating that they have a permanent disability and are unable to appear in person at the polling place. Absentee ballots are sent to eligible voters throughout the year for each event in which they are eligible to vote. Absentee Ballots are sent on the first day absentee they become available (i.e. 21 days before a primary, 31 days before an election).

Click here for  information on Andover political parties.

Thank you and please remember to vote.