How to get a Temporary Pistol Permit in Andover, CT
Temporary Pistol Permits are obtained from the office of the Town Clerk/Town Administrator.
- Obtain, Complete and submit the temporary pistol permit application
- online Temporary Pistol Permit Application
- at the town office in a file box hanging on the wall inside the Assessors office
- or from the First Selectman’s office
- Submit your Firearms Safety and Use Course Certificate
- Provide Proof you are legally and lawfully in the United States (e.g. certified copy of birth certificate, US Passport or documentation issued by I.C.E.)
- Submit a clear, legible fingerprint card (digital prints are strongly encouraged), along with two checks made out to Treasurer, State of Connecticut for the background check: $13.25 and $75.00 MUST BE SEPARATE CHECKS
- Fingerprint Instructions for digital prints.
- Upon approval and receipt of a $70.00 check made payable to the Town of Andover CT, the Town Clerk/Town Administrator’s office will issue a Temporary State Permit to Carry Pistols and Revolvers (DPS-11-C), effective for 60 days.
- Within 60 days, go to a DESPP, Division of State Police, pistol permit location and submit the following:
- The Temporary State Permit to Carry Pistols and Revolvers (DPS-11-C) issued by the First Selecman’s office
- A completed Application for State Permit to Carry Pistols and Revolvers (DPS-46-C);
- $70.00 fee, payable to Treasurer, State of Connecticut;
- Proof you are legally and lawfully in the United States (e.g, certified copy of birth certificate, U.S. passport or documentation issued by I.C.E.); and
- A valid state issued photo identification card.
Upon approval, your photograph will be taken at DESPP and you will be issued a state pistol permit.
OTHER USEFUL INFORMATION Click on the links below