Due to Wall and Electrical upgrades, the Transfer Station will not accept Bulky Waste or Metal from Wednesday, June 3rd to Saturday, June 27th, 2020. The remainder of the Transfer Station will remain OPEN.
Location: Shoddy Mill Road
Hours: Wednesdays and Saturdays from 8:00 A.M. to 3:50 P.M.
TRANSFER STATION STICKERS:
*Residents must have a vehicle sticker to use the Transfer Station.
Due to COVID 19, the Board of Selectmen has provided a 60-day extension on existing sticker renewals until September 1, 2020. New Stickers will not be available until August 1st, at the Town Hall. Questions? Please call the Town Clerk’s Office at 860-742-0188 ext 2.
Thank you for understanding as we work to repair our Transfer Station to serve you better.
Items you can bring to the Transfer Station:
Signage is placed around the station to direct residents on where items go.
- Household Waste (no construction debris).
- Bulky Waste (furniture, large toys, etc.) – CLOSED FROM JUNE 3rd TO JUNE 27th
- Recycling, single stream (Plastics 2-9), glass, paper and cardboard (All large cardboard should be cut to fit loosely into the recycling hopper. It has to be smaller than 27×48”).
- Scrap Metal – CLOSED FROM JUNE 3rd TO JUNE 27th
- Lawn Clippings and Branches (Only brush up to 3” in diameter will be accepted ask attendants for instructions).
- Used Oil
- Tires (Place in the open shed at the base of the hill).
- Refrigerators and Air Conditioners
- Mattresses and Sofas placed in blue Shipping Container at the base of the hill
- Carpet (Must be cut in 5’ squares or smaller). CLOSED FROM JUNE 3rd TO JUNE 27th
- Electronics (These items are recycled. Trailer is located on right side as you enter
Your cooperation while we are upgrading the facility will be appreciated. We will return the facility to normal operations ASAP.
Have usable items you can donate or give?
Explore your options BEFORE you toss. Reusing & Recycling is always worth it!
DONATIONS ACCEPTED AT THE TRANSFER STATION:
- Household goods for Salvation Army – inside the labeled bin
- Clothing and books for Charities of Hope – inside the labeled bin
- Deposit bottles to benefit local organizations in town – CART Closed during COVID-19 Pandemic
OTHER OPTIONS FOR USABLE ITEMS:
- Post on local Facebook groups such as the ‘Andover Give and Take’, ‘Buy Nothing’ and other groups.
- Donate to local non-profits, groups, stores & more.
- Ask your family, friends or neighbors if they can use what you no longer need.